Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26440 by REX PEET
Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:21 pm
I have been using the multi-scale plotting feature since it became avialable and it has proved to be very useful. However, there is one intermittent problem which keeps occurring - one which I cannot replicate when I try.

My default drawing is set up whith the title layer on every msp sheet at a scale of 1:200. Through the course of the project other details get added to the sheets, removed from the sheets and the scales altered from time to time. I never interfere with the Title detail in relation to scale or position.

Every so often, the scale of the Title detail mysteriously alters. Usually to a scale of 1:100. This change of scale only appears at the print preview stage. The detail is anchored at the bottom left of the sheet and goes off the sheet to the top and right. The scale of the Title detail then has to be altered and reapplied to the sheet.

As I said earlier, this problem is sadly, random and does not happen on every sheet. As the change in scale is only apparent at the plot preview stage, it is a real pain when you batch plot.
#26441 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:40 am
Greetings Rex,

If you change the list of scales in a file, that can have this effect. Unfortunately, the list of scales is "order dependent", so if you add/subtract/change a scale in the list, all the scales "below" it on the list are affected, and therefore it changes the scale of any MSP details that use those affected scales.

A workaround would be to put the border in at 12"/full scale all the time. Since you are using MSP anyway?
#26470 by REX PEET
Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 am
Thank you Neil. Adding an additional scale causes the problem.

It is not so worrying if somethig bad happens when you are working, as long as you know what causes the problem