Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26444 by ticomccr
Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:05 am
I guess that I missed this issue before as I have been working mostly with 2X4 walls, but I just tried to use one of the standard windows that I had created (with the sash set to centered) and it looked odd in a 12" CMU wall, so I set the offset of the sash to 1", thinking that the offset would be from the exterior, as this is how I think it should work.

When a real window is set in a thicker wall than standard, you add jamb extensions to the interior. The sashes relationship to the exterior remains fixed. Imagine my suprise when I found out that the offset was from the interior! :shock:

Am I missing something? I'm not sure of the thinking here. Could someone enlighten me? This would require that I create a different window type for every wall thickness. Where would the madness end? :?