Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26471 by dennisnorton
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:02 am
For some reason an XREF is only displaying the first 7 characters... The font is Time New Roman. The wierdest thing is that the not all layers of the XREF are having this problem.

Of course I am on a deadline schedule... I may have to insert the text over the XREF in order to get this project completed on time. Any help is most appreciated.
#26472 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:07 am
Is the XREF being clipped?
#26474 by dennisnorton
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 am
yes - the XREF is clipped... I have several "views" of the XREFfed file and not all of the views are having this problem...
#26476 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:35 am
Could the text in question be crossing over the clip boundary?
#26477 by dennisnorton
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:47 am
Nope - is well within the boundary of the clipped area.
#26478 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:05 am
My guess is that the z-base value of the clip cube is the same as the z-value of the text. Try dropping the Z-base of the clip cube by 10' and see if that helps.
#26479 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:55 am
I've seen some weird stuff with TTF having some weird height issues especially when clipped. If you switch to a Elevation View you might see the TTF heights taper off in a weird curve, mine always seem to drop to the right. I think I reported this a while back, maybe during beta testing? I think the response was TTFs are not currently supported for all of 3D space or something like that. Here is a video showing the issue I have. It shows the TTF curving down the Z Axis along X, which has caused some of my Xref clips to drop trailing characters. I have found if I change the Z base & height ( I usually just set them both to 0) that it corrects the problem when used with Ignore Z in the Xclip menu. Here is a video showing the weird trailing TTF's. I didn't show the corrected TTF's in it, but they flatten out as they should once the Z BASE and height are corrected. I havn't found what causes it. It might be at creation time I'm not sure.

ImageTTF Weirdness
#26509 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:07 am
joshhuggins wrote:I've seen some weird stuff with TTF having some weird height issues especially when clipped. If you switch to a Elevation View you might see the TTF heights taper off in a weird curve, mine always seem to drop to the right. I think I reported this a while back, maybe during beta testing? I think the response was TTFs are not currently supported for all of 3D space or something like that. Here is a video showing the issue I have. It shows the TTF curving down the Z Axis along X, which has caused some of my Xref clips to drop trailing characters. I have found if I change the Z base & height ( I usually just set them both to 0) that it corrects the problem when used with Ignore Z in the Xclip menu. Here is a video showing the weird trailing TTF's. I didn't show the corrected TTF's in it, but they flatten out as they should once the Z BASE and height are corrected. I havn't found what causes it. It might be at creation time I'm not sure.
ImageTTF Weirdness
Looks like the just released 12.01.00.12 patch fixes this issue, boy they are fast!