Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26523 by lburgarch
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:09 pm
I'm using DataCad LT 11 and am now getting a message "Maximum file size reached, unable to use additional data". But I'm not done yet!!

I checked the file size an it reads 15.0 MB under the directory.

Of course I've got a deadline in front of me.

Is this an operating system issue or DataCad issue? Can anything be done to correct this?

Thanks.
#26524 by Tony Blasio
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:11 pm
DataCAD LT does have a file size limit where as the full version doesn't. Just one of those trade off's.

Can you split things up to make 2 files out of it?
#26531 by lburgarch
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:27 pm
Thank you Tony - I'd not been aware of that difference, but, sure enough there is a 15MB limit listed on the comparison table. I could split into two files, but is there a way to streamline the existing one? Are there embedded copies or is there a means to compress parts and leave this as one file? Thanks again.
#26535 by Tony Blasio
Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:08 pm
Things to look for are non-associative hatching, extensive use of True Type Fonts and high polygon counts in 3D Entities. If you keep those to a minimum it should reduce things. Other may chime in with more recommendations.
#26541 by lburgarch
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm
Thank you Neil - helpful advice. I need to put myself on a MB diet.

I copied the file and then deleted all plan information from the second one. To my surprise, when I checked the file size of the second one (where I had deleted many layers and lots of information) it was still showing as 15 MB. So far, I've not received any more "File is full" messages though. Is there a further step to have it shown in a reduced size?
#26543 by devinder
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm
When you close the drawing window, Select Yes to save the drawing. Your file should now display the correct size in Windows explorer or in Directory when re-opened.