Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26591 by John Bailey
Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:17 am
Is there a way to change texture origin in the smart walls?

Problem -1st floor wall at 0.0,8.0
floor @ 8.0,8.10
2nd @ 8.10,--

the floor system exterior texture can be set to a corner of the first floor
at a z of 0,0 this will line up the texture with the walls below the second floor texture origin base is a 8.10 (I'm assuming it is at the base of the smart wall)
The chance of a texture with a horizontal elements siding,shakes etc. lining up through floor systems are nil to none. This is not an issue on textures with no horizontal elements ie. stucco.

while proofing I realized this may be a problem on textures with vertical elements as well ie. board and batten
#26594 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:23 pm
John Bailey wrote:Is there a way to change texture origin in the smart walls?
...The chance of a texture with a horizontal elements siding,shakes etc. lining up through floor systems are nil to none. This is not an issue on textures with no horizontal elements ie. stucco.

Hi John,

There is not an "open" option actually. But it would be a major improvement, since more expressive textures are allways those extensively elaborated, including tiles and bricks.

Good suggestion. You have all my support for it.

Thanks,
Miguel