Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26624 by cdc89
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:32 am
I have been having so many problems with Datacad 12. Some of those problems were fixed with the 1st update. Two problems still remain.

1. My xref drawings is not holding my electrical linetypes. Instead of a dot dashed line at 1' spacing, it shows a solid line. The base drawing shows the dot dash line. User line type display is on in xerf drawing. And other dashed line types are correct. How do I fix this?

2. I wanted to move my border and my xrefs/xclips to be centered on absolute zero. I selected all items to be moved and those items turn gray and dashed. I entered move to absolute zero. Only my border moved. All the other highlighted items did not move. How do I fix this?

Thanks
#26625 by Tony Blasio
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:35 am
cdc89 wrote:1. My xref drawings is not holding my electrical linetypes. Instead of a dot dashed line at 1' spacing, it shows a solid line. The base drawing shows the dot dash line. User line type display is on in xerf drawing. And other dashed line types are correct. How do I fix this?

I would try changing the spacing of the XREF to 1 and see if that clears things up. Sometimes the inserted XREF takes on the spacing of the current linetype and this messes up the line spacing of linetypes within the XREF. Just a thought.

cdc89 wrote:2. I wanted to move my border and my xrefs/xclips to be centered on absolute zero. I selected all items to be moved and those items turn gray and dashed. I entered move to absolute zero. Only my border moved. All the other highlighted items did not move. How do I fix this?

Do you have any locked layers?
#26629 by David Porter
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 am
The dashed lines, at least with curves in unexploded symbols, has been found to be a bug in v12. I found the same problem and sent a drawing to Mark Toce at DCAD and he confirmed that he can repeat the behavior.

The work-around I found that worked to have any dashed line symbols show up correctly was to make a clip cube around the entire drawing. For some odd reason (that only the programming gurus at DCAD World can figure out for us), making the drawing into a clip cube makes the dashed curved lines work again.

I found the same curved-dashed-lines-showing-up-as-solid-lines problem with an xRef plan, too. And, when I made a clip cube around that drawing, the curved, dashed lines started behaving once again.
#26632 by cdc89
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:41 pm
The dot dash lines show up after I clip the floor plans.

For problem 2, none of the layers are locked.
#26688 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:11 pm
cdc89 wrote:The dot dash lines show up after I clip the floor plans.

This problem has been identified and corrected for the next update.

cdc89 wrote:For problem 2, none of the layers are locked.

If you are using Move/Drag, try using just Move instead. We've just found an error with Move/Drag which may be causing this problem. This has also been corrected for the next update.

Dave