Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26636 by melina
Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:59 pm
Three problems I've noticed (unless it is just me)...

1. "Text Style" (F8) is missing from the Text menu. This makes it difficult to directly set a text style from a toolbar button (old toolbar doesn't work now :( ) without going through the Font dialog box to set the active text style.

2. The carriage return is not working on single line text - for any angle, on both shx & ttf fonts. The carriage returns right back onto the original insertion point (stacking up rows of text).

I'd hate to think that that paragraph/multiline text is now the only option, especially if you just need to type a quick three word note and since...

3. When paragraph text is edited and text is added, the paragraph shifts up on the screen. It then has to be relocated, such as to line back up with the arrow you already drew leading to the first line.

Ideas, answers??
Thanks!
#26639 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:16 pm
1. Here is my code for loading Text styles via toolbar buttons. You can modify it to match your new text style's name. It act's like the the Font Dialog box accepts a text style name. Make sure to add the .txtstyle extension.
Code: Select all A01=^;^S6^F7^ARCWY2GP - 4.5IN.txtstyle$^
2. Make sure in the text menu that your line spacing is not set to 0.
2a. Nope, single line text still works just like it always has.

3. Make sure in the Paratext menu if you want it to shift down when text is added, that the Alignment is set to Top.

If you have more question please ask as I'm sure others may have similar questions. Thanks & Good luck :D
#26641 by melina
Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:34 pm
I found the "top" alignment soon after I posted (of course).

Thanks for the text style code!

Don't know about that return problem - ctrl+enter doesn't work either. I'm running dcad12 on a laptop with no extended keyboard (if that matters). Same situation regardless of whether numeric keypad is active or not. Maybe I'll just have to deal with it!

Thanks for responding so quick, Josh!
#26679 by Mark Toce
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:12 am
melina wrote:2. The carriage return is not working on single line text - for any angle, on both shx & ttf fonts. The carriage returns right back onto the original insertion point (stacking up rows of text).

Go to the Text menu. What is [F6]Line Spacing set to in the drawing in which you're having this problem? As Josh said, it must be greater than 0. I didn't see in your reply whether or not you checked this setting...
#26683 by melina
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:37 am
My apologies, I did not check that setting. And you guys were right. I haven't looked at that setting (formerly "factor") since dcad7 - forgot it existed! :oops:

I think that clears up these issues - thanks everyone!