Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26650 by David Porter
Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Anyone else noticing that to regen a drawing by pulling up a GTV, seems to take quite a bit longer than it did with v11? I am especially noticing this with any drawing that has some hatch patterns on it.

I am already off and trying to start my next action in v12 and then see that I don't yet have my cross-hair cursor back because the drawing has not yet fully regen on the screen. The drawing looks like it has regen most of the lines, then there is a hesitation, and then the hatch patterns appear, and then the cross-hair cursor reappears showing that I can go to my next function.
#26655 by David Porter
Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:30 am
Neil,

That does seem to help quite a bit. I will leave Display List turned off in the Display menu for a while and see if the increase in regen speed remains consistent. Thanks for the suggestion.
#26680 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:27 am
Could there possibly be some nested circular Xrefs? With the v.12 update it seems, at least on my system here at work, that the hatch was regening faster than ever. Is it slower only when you regen via GTV or if you hit U also? Are you using a lot of TTFs? Do the Xrefs have any complex TTFs?