Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26712 by dennisnorton
Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 am
How can I turn off the Snaps and Snap Grid when opening DWG files or importing dwg/dxf files? I very seldom use those features some drawings that I have received have dozens of layers that I have to manually turn snaps off.

I have tried changing the default drawing, but that doesn't seem to work either.
#26716 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 am
The Gridlock macro will reset all snap settings to match those of the current layer. Change the settings of the current layer and then run the macro.
#26718 by dennisnorton
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:18 am
Thanks for the advice. And how do I accomplish this when I am "opening" a dwg file?
#26719 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:51 am
Your current default file settings should be carried into the converted file. Under "Tools" "Program Preferences", "Misc" do you have "Use Default Drawing" checked? If so does the file selected have the settings the way you want them set?
#26721 by dennisnorton
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 am
Thanks for the help... I checked the default drawing file, and now it works great!!!