Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26768 by Ken
Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:26 pm
Is there any chance of making V.12 textures available separate on a CD for other version users?
OR
Can Dcad produce a tutorial/viewlet on how they produced the textures.
Thanks,
Ken
#26815 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Hello Ken:

We have considered making the DataCAD 12 texture library available as a separate item. We could also include the original, highest-resolution / color depth source images.

The images included with DataCAD 12 are 8-bit, paletted bitmaps with a maximum resolution of 1024x1024 ( there are only a few that are 2048x2048 ).

I'd be curious to hear how many forum members think offering a stand-alone texture library makes sense.

MFM
#26817 by Roger D
Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 pm
Stand alone as in additional cost also? Not really.

I'd like to see the texture library added to. Maybe DataCad could have a area on the web page, but I don't want to cut into Cheap Trick either.

How does one create a texture that would work?

How can we work with the textures, like brick and to show different corsing, quoins, soilder courses, etc.
What about Vinyl that typically has a 2 1/2" vertical edge and maybe I'd want a freize trim at top, etc.
#26823 by jimgoodman
Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 am
I would be interested in these
#26824 by Tony Blasio
Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:05 am
I think a stand alone library offered for free download on the web-site would be great. Maybe additional libraries could be added like bonus materials too :idea:
#26838 by ticomccr
Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:35 pm
Of course, who doesn't want something for free. But I would also be willing to pay a fee for seamless textures of a reasonable size that would make the repeat not very obvious.