Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26821 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 am
Hi Ben.

What I've been doing is creating a polyline on a separate layer, then whenever I need to adjust the clip fence, I turn on the layer, adjust the polyline as necessary, and then use the "entity" option to reselect the polyline.

Aaron
#26834 by David Porter
Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm
You could also create the polyline on any layer that would normally be on for that view and make the polyline one of your non-printing colors. I happen to use color 45 as one of my non-printing colors. So, whenever I need construction lines or bordering lines or Clip Cube defining lines, I put them on an existing layer that will be on when I need that view and I make that polyline my color 45. It can then remain on and visible to me but it won't print to paper or PDF drawings.

I find this easier and less confusing than creating a whole series of new layers for the poly outlines that I then need to make sure I turn on when I need them.
#26836 by Roger D
Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 pm
The only concern with placing the non print line on a usable layer is if you are to xref the drawing (as for a M/E or framing plan) and want the xref another color. Then the noprint color becomes a print color.

I usually place the polyline boundry on a title layer, then I will not need it in the xref version.