Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27006 by linethrower
Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:42 am
FYI
I just installed DC12 yesterday & have not explored it very much but have found something that is buggish. I use "Freehand" to draw revision clouds. In DC12 any time you change line direction the previous segments disappear if the freehand line crosses other entities. When you exit, the freehand line does display properly. If the freehand line does not cross other entities it displays fully as you draw. Also the speed with which you draw the freehand line affects how many line segments you see at once.
#27007 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:49 am
Greetings,

You may well have found a bug; but by drawing revision clouds this way, you are doing it a harder way than you need to. There is a Clouds.DCX macro that is excellent, or you can just use the Treeline linetype.
#27008 by linethrower
Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 am
Hi Neil
Thanks for the tips. I have gotting preety good at freehanding clouds but I will try the treeline linetype. I have seen this mentioned before but never seem to think of it. Some ways just get too ingrained.
#27011 by John Rowan
Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:01 am
I'm partial to using WaterLin for cloud revisions with orth lock off, plotted in Red. Remenber to draw anti-clockwise to get the points facing inwards.

John Rowan