Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27674 by Jim Allen
Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 pm
Just received the latest Cheap Tricks this past weekend and I'm trying out the new Pen Styles in DataCAD12. I don't have it with me here at work and I'm trying to figure out the line styles. I only quickly read it and forgot to forward it here at work.

When I set up the spacing when viewed at 1:40 scale for a Property Line style, the Preview pdf doesn't have the same spacing in the 1:40 MSP sheet. The pen style does also not show up on the arc in the PDF preview either.

Also I haven't figured out what the F, R, and S is for after the line style name.

Jim Allen
#27676 by Roger D
Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:55 pm
One other thing I missed in the article (maybe it's a future issue) is how to create / develop new Pen Styles.
What if I wanted a 3 dashed property line style, instead of two?
#27684 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:20 pm
Hello,

I think the definitions of the Pen Styles are built in to Windows, so you cannot make a custom version, IIANM.

The basic idea of them is they "overlay" a DataCAD linetype -- most often, you would use Pen Styles with a Solid linetype. This works in a way not unlike using a linetype to "overlay" a hatch pattern.