Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27708 by Jim Allen
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 am
I've been trying out the new Pen Styles and have found that they work good on lines. But the styles are not showing on arcs in the preview, or when printed. I've been using the check plot to print them and am assuming they would be the same full size.

In the plotting preview the spacing is not showing correctly. When the preview is saved as a pdf the spacing of the Pen Style is as shown in the preview, about half what it is set to be. But it does show up on the arcs.

I have also noticed that when I view the drawing at a scale of say 1:40 with the Property line Pen Style, the spacing is different than when I view the MSP sheet.

This has been with the Property Line, and Dashed .5x S Pen Styles.

Is this just me?
#27709 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:14 pm
Hello Jim,

This does take some getting used to. There are two headings called "Spacing" on the Entity Properties dialog -- the first one is the linetype spacing, and the second one is for Pen Style. Secondly, the Pen Style spacing is "real-world" plotted on the paper; kinda' like using Text Scale. And thirdly, the spacing always appears the same; no matter what scale you are viewing/plotting it at:

Small scale:

Large scale:

Is this the same as what you are seeing?
#27711 by Jim Allen
Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:16 pm
Hi Neil,

I am seeing it correctly on screen with the spacing staying the same at different scales as I page in and out.

I have the Property line spacing set to 3" at 1 to 40 scale, and it prints out correctly on straight lines. It shows as a solid line on the arcs when printed.

When the property line shows in the Plot Preview the spacing is not correct. When saved out as a PDF the Property Lines all show as the correct Pen Style, but the spacing is still incorrect.

Also I thought that if I set my screen to a scale from the drop down menu in the Status Panel the Pen Style spacing would be the same as will show in the MSP sheet at that scale. But it is off by one click of the scroll wheel. I'm not sure what that scale relates to. It's not a set scale.

Jim