Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27955 by Jeff Budkoski
Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 pm
On project sheets that were created on 11 where large numbers of reference files occur, we noticing that the version 12 sheets simply do not load on the first try (even though all drawings have been updated to 12). In opening the file, you can see the drawing screen and then right before the title sheet loads, the screen goes blank as if you closed your drawing. If you attempt to load your drawing again, you'll see the drawing not exited properly error message and the file loads after selecting okay. If you exit instead, you'll get 'Dcadwin.exe needs to notify MS message but the file loads on the next try.

This is happening on several computers - hardwired and wireless. Doesn't occur projects with reference files that were created in 12 or with drawings with only the title sheet referenced.

Anyone else seeing this same sceranio?

TIA,

Jeff
#27956 by Mark Bell
Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:42 pm
Hello Jeff,

Yes, we've had it occur across several project files. The other issue is we are unable to purge or Saveas to create another file. Even making a copy of the existing drawing file and renaming it won't open. If the screen doesn't go blank then the hourglass stays active and ctrl+alt+del shows DC is 'not responding'.
#27957 by Jeff Budkoski
Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:52 pm
Hi Mark,

Yes, I've gotten the hourglass on this computer which doesn't go away. In exiting we get the 'Dcadwin.exe notify MS' message.
#27958 by Mark Bell
Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 pm
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure why, but I've found that opening another file first, even a blank drawing, then opening the main file (with xrefs) has a better chance of opening!
#27962 by Jeff Budkoski
Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:25 pm
Howdy yet again...

I just had one file not even open and then generating multiple 'Dcadwin.exe needs to notify MS' errors. If you keep trying, you can eventually load your file.