Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27975 by David Porter
Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:12 am
Mark Toce posted a "how-to" for getting MSP layouts into DWG. I tried replying to that post but it said that I had to have special permission to do so. OK, be that way. ;-) So, I will reply here.

I tried that exact method noted for binding a single MSP sheet. I did that about 8 times to get 8 different sheets into DWG format. With each sheet, my xRef'd titleblock did not show up at all. Is there a step I was missing where I had to first "bind" all of the xRefs for those sheets or do something else in order to get that particular xRef to bind itself into the DWG file created?

I also found that the text and dimensions showed up in the DWG files with fonts and sizes that were almost unreadable. I for one would find it extremely helpful (when the dust settles from fixing any v12 bugs) if Dave, Mark, or Devinder could create a very helpful, step-by-step Viewlet on what exact steps should be taken for us to successfully get our MSP sheets output to DWG and to change what we need to beforehand with text and dimensions so that the DWG files are actually useable by our non-DCAD consultants. Getting this process down to a no-brainer science would be worth the v12 upgrade cost, alone.
#27995 by Mark Toce
Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:58 pm
Hi David:

I re-tested the steps and did not experience the problems you described. Could you send a copy of the files in so I can try them here?

Thanks,
Mark
#28004 by David Porter
Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm
Will do. Probably tomorrow.