Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#28386 by Paul Nida
Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:18 am
When we use the new Pen Styles ( windows line types) to try to get smooth curves using property lines it will only print correctly if we print to PDF first. If we print directly from DCAD the preview shows the arcs as solid instead of property lines and when you print it the arcs print solid. However, using the same plot set up and selecting save as PDF (or batch plotting to PDF) the PDF will show up correctly as property lines and print correctly even though the DCAD preview shows them solid. I have the curves set up so the Line Type is "Solid" and the Pen Style is "Property Line R" with a spacing of 2". We are plotting to a Xerox 8830 plotter but I don't think that makes any difference. I ran into the same problem during beta testing.

Although I usually print to PDF and then plot the PDF files using Adobe Reader occasionally I need to be able to plot directly from DCAD so can we get this fixed?

Thanks,