Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#29478 by Mark Bell
Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:26 pm
I've mentioned previously that we're having continuous issues where a door or window is cut into a wall, then either after a mirror of the wall (with door or window), or after stretching a wall (with door window), the door or window no longer retains its cut opening but shows the wall passing through the door or window....I've found that by simply re-trimming the wall (T or L cleanup), then in most cases, the cut opening is refeshed and re shown. It appears that the integrity of the cut opening in the wall needs to maintain the walls original cleanup state?

In other situations I found that the direction a wall is created determines whether a door/window will actually cut the wall in the first instance. In several cases I've had to flip the wall so the cutout is shown...also, sometimes after deleting the door so the wall is 'healed' back without any cutout, then flipping the wall, a cutout is shown (with no door).

I'm hoping that future updates will resolve the insertion of doors/windows so they remain true without the need to keep re-inserting or adjusting or cleanups so the cutouts remain shown. It would also be beneficial to have the option to allow all doors/windows to be fixed/associated with the wall they are inserted into and not 'loosely floating' in a wall.