Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#29869 by Jon C. Hubart
Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:57 am
As a warning to all, I have found that DC11 was not properly handling the Ignore Z value of XREF Clip Cubes. In many of my files when I navigate thru the menus to get to this setting it would show the Ignore Z value as turned ON but If you right click on the XREF and select the XClip option it would show Ignore Z as OFF. Since I always went to the menu the same way I never noticed it before. Now in Version 12 both methods show the same setting as OFF by default.

You may find that legacy files opened in DC12 will be missing portions of the XREF data due to the entities being outside of the default 0'-25' Z Min/Max. To correct this you will need to turn the Ignore Z back on manually. If you always used the right click method you should not have a problem. If you used menu navigaton or the icon on the Viewer toolbar you will want to look out for this.