Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#30303 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:05 pm
Hello,

There is a problem when choosing .CSV format databases on symbols filled by the Lookup process.

Here is an image from a database created from Excel, using Tab separated fields in TXT format:

The source Table is here:

And here is the same database, but this was created on .CSV format:

The source Table is here:

Note 1: In the case I can't identify consistency among this error and the fact that I can't use the decimal sign with a comma, even on Tab separated format files. The only acepted is the 'period'.

Note 2: Actually the "period" is also the only way to import points data for terrain modeling on TIN Modeler as well as for Drop Mesh data points importing. Please, remember that our local decimal sign is the comma.

Note 3: Comma decimal sign is 'not' a problem when I am inputting coordinates data. Our computers works fine on both settings, independently if being set its decimal sign as 'period' or 'comma' for coordinate input.

Thanks,
Miguel