Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2194 by Larry K.
Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:07 pm
I'm trying to install the Estimator program that was part of Datacad 9 with no avail. I'm currently running V. 11 on XP SP2. I've installed V. 9 and the Estimator program, and updated the XP drivers. What am I missing?
#2196 by Tony Blasio
Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:15 pm
I think you need to plug in the DataCAD 9 hard lock. I believe it used the same one. A friend of mine tried to use the Estimating program on one machine and DataCAD on another and it wouldn't work for this reason.
#2201 by Larry K.
Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:42 pm
Tony,
I did have the Hardlock for V. 9 installed, I even installed the update.
Still does not work.
#2214 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:24 am
Larry K. wrote:I'm trying to install the Estimator program that was part of Datacad 9 with no avail. I'm currently running V. 11 on XP SP2. I've installed V. 9 and the Estimator program, and updated the XP drivers. What am I missing?

Larry -

I believe that DC LLP discontinued the support (and incorporation) of Estimator in DC10, and definitely in DC11 (IOW, it won't work).
#2220 by Larry K.
Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:30 am
I'm still confused, I'm not trying to run it under V. 11, because I have reinstalled Version 9, with the Estimator program and with the lastest updates, updated the XP drivers, installed the V. 9 Hardlock.
I think it should work.