Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2247 by Howe
Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:15 pm
Dashed linetypes on my LCD monitor (1280x1024 res) have 'little flicks' at the ends (of each dash) which varies when panning in & out. This has only recently happened - I believe after getting the latest update. Can this be corrected? (I spend time filleting intersecting lines that do not require it).
Thanks in advance.
#2253 by Ted B
Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:55 pm
Interesting, I've noticed the same thing on my LCD recently. Probably since loading the last up-grade too. It's only at certain "zoom-magnifications, I figured it was just some pixelation and got used to it.

My LCD is a Gateway 15" 1080x800.
#2255 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:47 pm
Hello Howe & welcome,

Can you describe these a little more, or do a screen capture and post it on Image Shack? They provide the links that you can put in your post -- so we can see what you are talking about.

I use LCD's here at home and at work, and I can't see anything odd about dashed lines.
#2257 by Howe
Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:01 pm
That's exactly right Ted - only at certain 'zoom-magnifications'. Even solid lines sometimes have a 'flick' at each end.

Neil - for some reason I don't think a screen capture will illustrate it.

By the way I also use V10 and, like the pre update of V11 there is no graphic problem.
#2261 by Philip Hart
Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 am
I too have been experiencing the "little flecks" problem, but have assumed that it was normal for LCD's. I've just started using a dual LCD setup and have run only 11.06 with this system. But I concur that it occurs only occassionally - some relationship between the scale during display list generation and the (later) displayed scale?
#2281 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:36 pm
Here's what it looks like on my laptop screen, this is a portion of my 1900 x 1200 screen. I tried pairs of dashed lines, with different spacings. You can see the flecks on the vertical line at the right. If I zoom in/out, they go away, if I pan left/right up/down, they stay. I assume it has to with the location of the line and the pixels that are trying to display it, so if there is a little mismatch, you get the flecks. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card.

#2283 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:48 pm
Hello Dwight:

Yikes! I have not seen anything like that at all! I wonder if it was a DVI (digital) vs RGB (analog) thing? I have DVI and have not seen this...or maybe using the "native" resolution, and not a lower resolution would make this go away?

Edit: Are you folks who are seeing this anomaly using your LCD monitors at the "native" resolution -- or have you set it up at a lower resolution?
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#2286 by Ted B
Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:59 pm
Yep, DBrennfoerder. That's what they look like, though it's usually a horizontal line that has the little "flicks" on my monitor; most-times pointed upwards. It might be a driver bug related to LCDs-only.
#2288 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:07 pm
I have had the same issues, but not to that degree. Maybe one little "flick" every once and a while. I think it's related to the monitor/video card setup. I think one or the other gets confused with what pixles to/are displayed to make up the lines. You might be able to try swaping a different video card to see if it's the video card, or the monitor. Also make sure you have the latest video driver, as they may have come out with a fix for it.
#2302 by Ted B
Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:12 pm
I for one can live with it; but it's related to the last Datacad ver.11 upgrade somehow. Fortunatley, it's not reflected on the plot-outs....and that's all that matters to me.

I've been using Datacad through it's many generations on the same computer with the same hardware set-up for atleast 6 or 7 years min., and I've only seen this in the last few weeks.
#2341 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:14 pm
RE: "Are you folks who are seeing this anomaly using your LCD monitors at the "native" resolution -- or have you set it up at a lower resolution?"

My native resolution IS 1900 x 1200 and I see the flecks on the laptop lcd screen occasionally, whether my second monitor is on or not, but it doesn't appear on the second monitor (CRT). By "occasionally" I mean that I can put a dashed line into a position that shows flecks then pan and zoom around and return to the same position and the flecks will appear there again. It must have something to do with the precise location of the line vs pixel location.
#2342 by Daniel Kaczor
Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:53 pm
It must affect all LCD's including lap tops. I just noticed the same anomaly in a horizontal dashed line on my Toshiba lap top running DataCAD LT.
#21176 by ondres
Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:54 am
Please HELP!
I have problem with new LCD 1920x1200.

Hello,
I have been using DAta Cad for several years already, now I own the version
11. I have just bought a new LCD with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. I can see
all programmes correctly, my only problem is with DATACAD. There are
vertical lines and lines till 45° seen as thicken (see pictures) in the
drawing windov. Calibration of the screen helped me just to solve the
problem with the wide-angle screen.
Can I ask you for help, please? I cannot work, the picture is blurred. The
problem is concerning just the working windov - icons, context menus and so
on are correct.
With best regards,
#22367 by Jcanter
Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 pm
I'm getting a similar problem, but Especially, when I convert from Autocad to Datacad. The lines are jagged, and more so the closer you zoom.

In addition the text is mishapen and the cursor seems to disappear behind invisible linework on the screen. Anyone else seen this?
#22374 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 am
Hello,

You should check how far you are from Absolute Zero -- when you see these jaggies, I'll be that the drawing is a looooong way from AZ. Try moving everything close to AZ, and see if things improve?