Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2368 by Rashid Garuba
Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:59 am
We have 2 Windows XP stations with Datacad 10 and recently we are experiencing crashing while the PC is left idle for hours with Datacad on... It is an internal diagnostics error fault 20 Error from: 809.. Only Datacad crashes.. nothing else, and the crash is never experienced if Datacad is being used.. only when idle..

The only recently installed of sofware (that has not been removed) is MSN desktop search and Microsoft Antispyware (has been disabled.. I think? :? ) Both PC's have used Norton Antivirus for years but this began about 2 months ago...
#2378 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Mon May 02, 2005 8:39 am
Hi Rashid!

It's been a while!

Where are the Dcad files you have open - are they on the local hard drive, or are they stored on a server? Could it be some power management feature on the NIC that is breaking the connection to the file if it is on a network share?

I came in this morning (Monday A.M.) and found that I had left a file open in Dcad on Friday (all weekend) , and I was able to save and close with no problem.

Later,

Aaron
#2395 by Rashid Garuba
Mon May 02, 2005 12:41 pm
Hi Aaron,

Hope all is well... staying busy I hope..

It happens with local or networked files.. A head scratcher for sure but only a nuisance since I am a file save addict. :wink: Looks like techSupp doesn't read this area much.. I may call and bug them a bit..