Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2445 by artmanvt2000
Wed May 04, 2005 7:22 am
Does anyone know how to change the properties of Datacad to display the "Open File" dialog box when Datacad is opened? Thanks to all that can help.
#2460 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed May 04, 2005 4:10 pm
Hello Arthur,

I want to help you, but unfortunately couldn't get your doubt.
Would you be more specific ?

TIA,
Miguel
#2461 by artmanvt2000
Wed May 04, 2005 4:56 pm
Do you remember in previous versions of Datacad, when opened Datacad, a dialog box would appear to open an existing file. Well, in Datacad 11 that no longer happens. After Datacad has loaded I have to select "Open a File" in order to open a drawing. I would like to have the option to select a file after Datacad has loaded.
#2462 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed May 04, 2005 6:04 pm
Hello Arthur,

Yes, now I got it.

In DC 11 this was decided because in the average you will reduce the times you need to click on the screen, before opening a file.

I would take chance to say that you will agree, if you explore some more the improvement of the "Recent Folders", along with the "Recent files", now with up to 10 positions each one.

By my judgement the "Recent Folders" option saves a lot of clicks, by using direct access to the 10 most recent folders where you have saved some drawing.

If you compare with the older option, where you had only 'one' folder opened, you have a lot of possibilities to save time and patience.

BTW, if you insist with this I suggest you to put it into the "Wish list" section, and perhaps this can be brought back by Dave, as an option on DCADWIN.INI.

Think about it.

Thanks,
Miguel