Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#37352 by Dick Eades
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:02 pm
I use filleted polylines as bubble keys for plan blowups but I am running into a few problems with it.

First, a means of removing the fillets would be handy. If the polyline needs to be adjusted it is often easier to delete it and start over. If I edit, then I have to create extension lines to find the intersection, flatten the fillet to a straight line (optional, but useful), delete one vertex, move the other, delete the extension lines and then re-fillet the polyline. Like I said, it's easier to delete and recreate. It would be nice to be able to remove the fillets and have the intersection recreated automatically as this would expedite the operation on more complex polylines.

Secondly, when filleting a polyline, sometimes the fillet operation doesn't "take". In those cases, repeated attempts to fillet the polyline results in the polyline not being found and I have discovered that what happens is that the polyline gets exploded during the failed fillet without me knowing it. So now, when that happens, I immediately hit ctrlZ to undo the explode and the polyline will remain intact.

A fix would be much appreciated.