Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2625 by lhmiller
Sun May 15, 2005 4:09 pm
I would like to use the macro countsymbols but cannot figure out how it works. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Are there directions anywhere for the macro?
#2626 by Daniel Kaczor
Sun May 15, 2005 9:07 pm
This macro will count the number of each type of unexploded symbols based on your EGAFM selection.

1. Select File I/O
2. F1 New File - Give the file a name of your choice. Or, the last filename will be used.
3. F2 New Ext - Give the file an extension name, txt is safe and you can open your file in Notepad.
4. Right click to go back to the selection menu.
5. Select on screen by EGAFM the symbols to be included in the file. If you want all the symbols in the drawing file, turn on all layers and select by area.
6. Select File I/O then ViewFile to view on the DataCAD screen or Open the file in Notepad.

If you want a just listing of all symbols in the drawing file, use Directory in the Utility menu. This will list unexploded sysmbols as well, unless you Purge symbols, manually or when closing.

HTH