Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3509 by JCBrower
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:24 pm
My office updated to 11.07.00 a few months back and it has been a horrible experience. My biggest problem has been with dimensioning - specifically when I do HORIZONTAL dimensions. My datacad will drop the drwing file completely when I try to place the dimension text within a dimension that is to small to accomodate the text. This does NOT happen in vertical dimensions ONLY horizontal. It is VERY frustrating becuase I also do my dimensioning on autopilot and I sometime forget that that problem occurs. I've sent files to Datacad and told them when and where this happens, but they CAN'T RECREATE THE PROBLEM. I'll tell you what...I can and it will happen everytime. These problems are unacceptable and need ot be fixed ASAP if they want to keep this cusotmer.
#4984 by Rayvin11
Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:45 am
I have the same problem dimensioning.. I doesn't always happen, but if i am working on a drawing with alot of dimensions, odds are it will crash. The paticular drawing immediately closes leaving whatever file was open in the background still open. So the program isn't crashing, its just the drawing i'm in. For me it has happened with vertical as well as horizontal. The is no set pattern to why it is happening. I also use wind98 and have version 11.07.00 of Dcad 11. Here are some my setting under the dimension menu..

Assoc dimensioning IS on.
DIN std is off
Fixd dist is off

under the autostyle tab i previously had F2 stringline checked but am going to see if using F1 baseline instead eliminates the problem..

The drawing will crash even when changing txt position or stretching of already placed dimensions.