Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#2996 by rossstocks
Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:18 am
Having been burned a few times with work being lost through computer/network or I/O (incompetent operator) problems, our office has a tacit operating standard of setting AUTOSAVE DELAY to 1 minute. This worked fine at the earlier versions, and still works fine at 11, except that the comfirmation message, "Auto-recover file created" is now displayed in the same screen as other more important messages, like the results of MEASURE, for example.

Before, like in v10, these two messages displayed in two different areas and so, didn't interfere with each other. But now, the auto-recover message will replace the measure results, and there seems to be no way to retrieve those results other than to re-execute the measure.

I could deal with this in one of a couple ways (or more, I'm open to suggestion). I could suppress the generation of the auto-recover messages, or I could somehow retrieve earlier status messages (like if they were stored for a time in a short LIFO type list somewhere). I've done macros in other programs, but not DATACAD yet, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross Stocks