Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3190 by Bruce Sekanick
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:21 pm
We received a new XP system and attempted to load DataCAD. We have the parallel port hardlock. After loading version 11 and re-booting, we get the following error when we try to run DCAD:

" This application has failed to start because HLVDD.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem"

We of course re-installed and re-booted and still nothing.

We have DataCAD running on Windows 98 though 2000 and no problems. Just haven't run on XP before. This new system came with XP sp2 installed.

Please advise if you have any ideas before I try to get my techie running around

Thanks
Bruce W. Sekanick AIA
#3191 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Go to DataCAD's Web-Site and download the most current Hasp Driver for the hardlock. This should solve it. If it doesn't try Windows Update because I saw an udate there for the Hard Lock as well.
#3192 by Bruce Sekanick
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:29 pm
Ahh.. Never mind.

I just didn't read far enough in the hardlock instructions.

Just a little slow today. I had to download both files for the updated hardlock.

Thanks anyway

Bruce W. Sekanick AIA