Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#44738 by David Porter
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 pm
This may have been mentioned before but I found a website where you can create your own font from your own handwriting. The way my handwriting looks these days, I am staying away from this website.

It is www.fontcapture.com. It is a free process and works pretty cool. You print out their single page guide sheet. You fill in the letters and numbers in each box with your own handwriting. You scan in the page to png format. You upload that page to their website. In about 3 or 4 minutes, up pops a TrueType font of all of the characters in your own handwriting. You save the file they created to your Windows Font directory and you then have your own handwriting as a new font to use.

I found it takes a couple of tries to get all of the letters the same height so that when they are used in words on the screen, then don't look childlike with some letters tall and some letters short. But, still very cool nonetheless.