Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#79587 by kevgrn114
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Hey there, Newb here,
How do I get my stating point to snap to the end of another element.

Currently when trying to start a new wall I have to zoom as far in as I can to get the start point to match up with the end of a previous wall.

Thanks
#79594 by dhs
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:44 pm
You use Object Snapping for this: Place the cursor near the desired point and press the middle mouse button (unless you have the middle button set up as double click in which case this won't work ... you can press 'n' on the keyboard as an alternative to the middle button).

The behaviour of Object Snapping can be set in the Object Snap Menu (S3 on the Utility Menu). From this menu you can set the Miss Distance (s4 : how close you need to be to the point to snap to it), and the types of things you want to snap to (you will need F2 End-Point enabled to snap to the end of existing lines, but there are quite a few other options as well ... end point should be enabled by default unless you have changed it)