Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#49687 by MtnArch
Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:03 pm
I've spent way too long trying to modify the Alside Board & Batten hatch to match up with what I need for the spacing and have given up.

Does anyone have a Board & Batten hatch they'd be willing to share that uses a 2" wide batten and leaves a 10" space between (in other words, the 2" battens are at 12" on center)?

Thanks!
#49714 by MtnArch
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 am
Thanks to Roger D for offering to help me with this! He tweaked it (or re-created it - I'm not sure which) so that it gives me the look I needed.

This forum has absolutely the greatest members in the world!
#80531 by joeferguson
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:07 pm
WOW!

I have struggled for years including drawing and copying lines to create a board and batten type hatch, also metal roofing.

After spending more time than I should sifting through multiple articles in this forum, today I found a solution that a non-computer-wizard can use. I know whereof I speak because I am one of those.

I was able to combine the framework posted by Tony Blasio on May 24, 2007 with the explanation provided by Richard Mauser on Nov 10, 2020 and now I can create BnB hatches at any spacing! The trick for me was in understanding that the fourth and seventh numbers control the spacing.

Thanks to both of you and to the existence of this forum.

joe
#80538 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am
Hi Joe,
Yes, modifying an existing hatch pattern that is closest to what you want, is where I start. And it does take some trial and error to get the code right. There is an old Cheap Tricks article on this, that I go back to over and over, to remind myself of how it works.