Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#80924 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 pm
I have a site plan that is imported from DWG, and the site contour lines are polylines with all the control points shown. When I try to make them dashed, they still look the same - basically because the spacing is larger than the distances between the control points.

Is there a way to have them show as smooth polylines, and have the dashing be continuous?

I have tried all 3 options - the DataCAD 22 polyline menu, the DC SPrint macro, and the old Polyline macro. And they all do about the same thing.
#80927 by joshhuggins
Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm
Maybe try using F10 Change, S5 More, F1 Pen Style to set DashedR and then F2 Pen Spacing and play with the Pen Spacing. I normally have to run a series of test prints at what I think the final print scale will be to make sure they look close to what it should be. It's a bit wonky, but I can usually get pretty close to what I need doing this method.

You mentioned the control points being real close, would it be acceptable to simplify the polylines by tracing them with simpler polylines using 3pt arcs as needed to average the curves?