Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#81527 by VDS
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 am
I don't like that 1-Line Trim auto selects line closest to it. I'd like to turn that auto select feature off. How do I do this?
#81528 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:21 pm
Hi VDS,

I can't seem to find a way to make 1 Line Time auto select the closest line, but it sounds like a familiar feature that might have been added at some point, but I can't find a reference to it. How are you performing the 1 Line Trim? Fkeys, Datacad Side menu, Datacad Edit drop-down menu, CTRL key shortcut, ALT key shortcut, alias? Does it do it in a new blank, non-default drawing?
#81529 by VDS
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:33 pm
ALT+H is my hot key for 1 line trim.

The auto select feature only works if you are near a line to select. If you hit the hot key and the cursor is "away" from any lines then the auto-select feature does not work.

Regardless of where my cursor is, I'd like to hit the hot key and not have DATACAD auto select a line....
#81530 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:49 pm
I think you need to delete the last characters "$^" from the string in your DcadWin.MCR file, and it won't select the line?

I actually have two "$^$^" at the end of my string - and this also slects the outside of the line the cursor is near, and saves time.
#81531 by VDS
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:01 pm
Hi Neil,

Yes, it is a "time saver" but I don't like placing my cursor in the exact location prior to entering a command.

I tried deleting the last characters "$^" from the string in your DcadWin.MCR file but no luck. The auto select is still active.

Current command:
H^;^F9^F4^$^
//1 Line trim
#81532 by Joseph Baron
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Neil is correct that the $^ indicates an [enter] or select line.

If you don't like it selecting the line when running the keyboard macro, you can always not be over a line when keying ALT+H and then select the line that you want.
#81533 by dhs
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:06 pm
Current command:
H^;^F9^F4^$^
//1 Line trim

If the above is the command after you have deleted the last "$^" then you still need to delete the remaining "$^" (so that the command becomes simply "H^;^F9^F4^").

I'm assuming that your original command had 2 of "$^" at the end (so that it not only automatically selected the line, but also the side as noted by Neil in his post).
If that is not the case then perhaps you have not exited and restarted DataCAD after making the change?

Regards,
David H.
#81587 by Nick Pyner
Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:39 am
Is this something new? I have never had the problem, and I didn't know you could auto-select.
My commands are A=^;^F9^F4^$^$^ off a toolbar icon.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (39.42 KiB) Viewed 15416 times
#81588 by dhs
Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:51 am
Hi Nick,
The auto-select only works if your cursor is near a line when you invoke the command ... if you are invoking it from an icon then I expect your cursor is on the icon when you invoke it, so the '$^$^' at the end of your command is not doing anything.
Regards,
David H
#81589 by Joseph Baron
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:31 am
Nick,

The $ is the same as hitting the Enter key.

Using a N is the same as Snap, or middle mouse button.

These are more effective when used in a keyboard macro or alias file.

I call these Hover Select and Hover Snap so the actions are invoked while hovering your cursor over the entity to be acted upon. Time saving.