Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#81924 by ORWoody
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:39 pm
LOL. Mark Bell asked this same question yesterday, but his was in regards to 3D work. Mine is for 2D work and involves plans for printing.
My drawing files simply have the GotoViews for the print sheets at the end of the GotoView list.
The most recent case is a simple residential drawing sheet with four SelfRef "plans" there-on. They are the Foundation Plan, the Ceiling Framing Plan, the Roof Framing Plan and the Roof Plan. One of the drawings showed all linetypes as it should. The other three showed everything as solid.
I looked at every setting that I could think of that might be controlling the original/solid lines on the SelfRefs. I could find no differences.
I resolved my problem by copying the good SelfRef to the position of each bad one. When I changed the copied SelfRefs to the proper GotoView, the lines all showed correctly.
That seems to indicate that there is some controlling element or setting for Ref'd files that I just don't know about.
Any suggestions as to what I can do with my SelfRefs to achieve consistency would be appreciated... so long as they are physically possible.
Thanks much,
Woody
p.s. There are no double or overlapping lines that might be causing the lines to appear solid.
#81928 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm
Could the linetype spacing have been set very small on the bad self-xrefs? I've had issues sometimes when the spacing hasn't been set at "1" for both self and normal xrefs.
#82015 by ORWoody
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:42 pm
I just bumped into the 1' spacing issue for Self-Refs. Lines are shown as the correct linetype, but there is a global spacing of 1' (real world spacing) on the printed output. When I check the highlighting, the one foot setting is not accessible.
I copied correctly working Self-Refs to the new layer needed for printing, and everything on the new layer had a printed spacing of 8 1/2". That didn't meet what I expected. I thought that it might end up being 12".
I sure hope that someone has an idea of what might be causing this problem.
#82016 by ORWoody
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:09 pm
Somehow, the problem appears to be layer related.

The file that I have with the problem has a dozen layers with the scaled down Self-Refs on them. Each layer has a single Self-Ref on it. All except one shows the Self-Ref linetypes scaled correctly. One showed it improperly.

XRef Manager has the linetype scale for that Self-XRef shown as 1' and is greyed out so it is not available for adjustment.

I resolved the problem by deleting the offending layer, including the Self-Ref and creating a new layer. When I inserted a Self-Ref on to the new layer, it displayed correctly.

Note that the original Self-Ref continued to display improperly when moved to a layer that had a correctly displayed Self-Ref on it. If I moved the correctly displayed Self-Ref to the original non-working layer, the Self-Ref then displayed improperly.