Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#82066 by Roger D
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:27 pm
Trying to write a pair of command alias to add centroids to multiple polylines (for ceilings) Alias ce works, shows the prompt, but zc doesn't execute adding the next polyline centroid. Am I missing the logic somewhere? I've try starting zc with and without ^$^, and neither work.
Code: Select all[ce]
comment=Add centroid point to polyline
alias=^:^F7^S5^F9^$^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^©^zc^

[zc]
comment=keep picking
alias=^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^©^zc

maybe it's late in the day.
#82073 by ORWoody
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:28 pm
It seems that the entering of the zc alias acts as an interrupt, which, as I understand it, is not allowed in a macro series.
#82119 by Joseph Baron
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:50 pm
Roger D wrote:Trying to write a pair of command alias... maybe it's late in the day.

After correcting the typo ^@^zc to ^@zc the macro entered an infinite loop resulting in the error shown.[for whatever reason I could not attach the screenshot?]

I was able to get it to 5 in a row, you can add more onto [zc] until it maxes out. I don't recall the maximum number of characters in an alias.

[ce]
comment=Add centroid point to polyline
alias=^:^F7^S5^F9^$^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^©zc^

[zc]
comment=keep picking
alias=^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^F7^F2^S0^ªPick next Polyline^F7^F2^S0^;^