Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#82245 by Clayton Taylor
Wed May 17, 2023 3:54 pm
To all,
My snap angle appears to be locked at 90-degree increments even though the number of divisions in the GRIDS menu under 'snap-angle' is set to my standard 8 for drawing or moving lines about a point at increments of 45-degrees when ortho is on.... :? :?

I just can't remember how to unlock this,... :?....any takers....
#82246 by joshhuggins
Wed May 17, 2023 4:17 pm
Check to see if Tangents is turned on under F6 Geometry, F4 Tangents, and if it's on, click F3 to Cancel.

Often Tangents can accidentally get turned on and set to a entity that is in alignment to the rest of your drawing and since it has it's own cursor snap settings (F2 Tangent Divisions in the Tangents menu) which I would guess is set to 4 for you, it can be hard to remember this setting that doesn't get a whole lot.
#82247 by Clayton Taylor
Wed May 17, 2023 5:54 pm
Hi Josh,
You're correct, I forgot to cancel this as I've been using 'TANGENTS' a lot lately for matching the cursor angles when drawing up site survey plans. However, I confess that if left on, I didn't realise it locks the ORTHO settings to 90-degrees....... :oops: :oops: ..... :lol:

So thanks Josh for the quick resolve, its much appreciated.

joshhuggins wrote:Check to see if Tangents is turned on under F6 Geometry, F4 Tangents, and if it's on, click F3 to Cancel.

Often Tangents can accidentally get turned on and set to a entity that is in alignment to the rest of your drawing and since it has it's own cursor snap settings (F2 Tangent Divisions in the Tangents menu) which I would guess is set to 4 for you, it can be hard to remember this setting that doesn't get a whole lot.
#82248 by Mark Bell
Fri May 19, 2023 2:48 am
You can also turn on the X and Y axis display to the crosshair (best with the large crosshair), by picking Grids / S4 Show X and Y. This is also useful when moving or stretching items at an angle after picking B-Tangents to align the crosshair to an entity.