Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3341 by Ecity
Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:57 am
Hallo,
my architect sent me a DC6-File. I installed the Datacad Test Drive 11.07.00.
But there is no posibility to read the file. Does exist any other (free) software to read the file?

If doesn't, which format from AEC, DC5, DC+, DWG, DXF is the best of import/export from DC6?

Reason: I would like to control if all sizes are ok.

Regards
Ecity
#3346 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:50 am
Hello & welcome:

Try copying the file, and change the extension to DC5, and then see if v11 will open it.

Failing that, AEC is the "native" file type for v11, so that would be best; followed by DC5, and then DWG.
#3356 by Ecity
Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:08 am
Thanks, renamed to DC5 - without success. I will try to get the AEC or other type the Test-Version knows.
#3358 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:49 am
You might try sending the file to DataCAD Tech support. DC6 was the file type for DataCAD Plus. Maybe they can open it and export it as a DWG file for you. You could then import it into DataCAD 10 or even DataCAD 11 that way.

Or maybe there is someone on this forum who has access to DataCAD Plus and could do the same thing for you.

If you don't get any takers by this evening I can help you from home. Here at the office I don't have access to Plus. Post another message if you still need help this evening.
#3374 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:44 pm
Hello Tony,

If our friend got a file created in the DataCAD Plus format, he could copy the file and rename this copy with the Dc Plus extension (.DC+).

After this, try to open it in DataCAD 11.

Thanks,
Miguel