Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#230 by ultimateboy
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:15 am
How do i match layer properties like autocad? For example, let say you are drawing on layer roof and want to chage what you have to drawn to layer walls.
#231 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:17 am
The command is move to layer.

Select Move and then select to layer

you can pick what layer you want to move it to.
#232 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:30 am
Hello & welcome!

To add to what Greg mentions, you can use the Move/To Layer/Match to select the destination layer.

Also, the ultimate keyboard shortcut is Alt-I -- Identify/Set All which allows you to easily change to the proper layer *before* you draw something: point the cursor at a line, hit Alt-I and start drawing...

In your DcadWin.mcr file, paste this line in over the current I... line:

I^·^È^;^S1^$^S8^S0¸^É

If you learn one keyboard shortcut -- this is the one!!!
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
#233 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:31 am
I think what you are asking for is to Identify an entity, and then Set all of your current settings to match. Select Identify in the Edit Menu, Then pick the entity you want to match, then in the menu down at S8, Select Set All.
#471 by mikeatblue
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:19 am
Not sure if this would help.. Whenever I want to move something to another layer I simply link entities (group) them. This moves them to the active layer. So lets say you have a line that is on some random layer... you can hit group (linkentites) and select the line and deselect. This moves it the active layer. I use this all the time. Hopefully this helps.