Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3409 by brookefox
Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:36 pm
I see...the settings must be made through rendering settings. But it seems o2c shouldn't ignore custom colors as defined since it otherwise seems to comply with the (original default) color palette.
#3416 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:45 pm
Hello Brooke,

I am not sure if I understood your question, but I can say:

1) You can change the color palette from [Tools/Color Palettes] choosing among the palettes available;
2) You can create your own palette. You can store it in the same place of the other: "\Support files" folder;
3) You can have it automatically loaded with every new drawing file. Just save a default file with your palette loaded in there;
4) You can attach default materials and textures into your color palette. Save one 'your' default.dmf with the default.aec file;
5) You can save a materials file with every drawing;
There are more things. Some of them we are requesting from Dave to include in DataCAD 11.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Miguel
#3466 by brookefox
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:06 pm
Thanks, Miguel. I didn't fully understand the way the render settings work (not that I do now) but at least now understand that palette colors may be assigned an alternate render color and /or material as assigned there. My lingering lack of understanding is why o2c ignores customized pallettes initially. That is, if I assign new values to color # xyz while in drawing mode and save the pallette, o2c ignores these new values and uses the original defaults. I can get around this by re-assigning them in the render settings.
#3469 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:32 pm
You can do that in a particular drawing file, saving a custom palette (with a unique .RGB name), and, after setting the rendering materials you can save the DataCAD Material File (.DMF) which will no more be ignored by o2c.

One of our requests is that the Rendering Settings should load a default materials file, when starting a new 3D model, saving it with the same drawing/model name.
Even better: It should save render settings emebedded with the AEC file.

Thanks,
Miguel