Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3501 by brookefox
Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:19 pm
That's what I'd like to be able to do - get the x and y from visible entities and supply the Z from other visible entiies or by keyboard spec.

I've looked at the various 3d snap notes but have not been able to make them help.
#3510 by Nick Pyner
Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:12 pm
[quote="brookefox"]That's what I'd like to be able to do - get the x and y from visible entities and supply the Z from other visible entiies or by keyboard spec.

I cannot see the problem here, other than that maybe what you are wanting is happening without you knowing it.

Entities may be located x,y by snapping onto visible entities. All you have to do is have thge relevant object snap on. This happens at a z, base or height, or both, nominated by you from the keyboard. While you must nominate base or height, both of those can be lifted from another visible entity by identify, set all. If the zb,zh of that entity are the same, you need not discriminate.

You may also snap 3D entities in isometric, to x,y and z, using the 3D cursor
#3513 by brookefox
Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:54 pm
Thanks folks. I didn't know I could input a z in conjunction with get xy snaps - I'll work on that. As you say maybe it is happening without my knowing it I use the 3d cursor when allowed access to it, but it is often not available.