Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3506 by brookefox
Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:39 pm
I've done this successfully with the same settings and the same number of contours in the recent past (same drawing). Contour number is 65; divs are x: 50, y: 70; stiffness 10; no smoothing. Dropping just on the contours, two layers on: the contour layer and the mesh drop layer (active). The job is done and the mesh is displayed fully but then on a redraw or other operation 2/3 of it disappears. This happens repeatedly. (Once before I had the problem but the was I working with an exported dwg file which in which the contours were exploded in the export, I think. Trying different settings changed the outcome somewhat but never fixed the problem. This time it was with the original contours.)
#3508 by brookefox
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:15 pm
I thought maybe it had something to do with z base as it was set for 7 and under mesh surface (as distinct from drop mesh) it says that entity drawing will begin at z base, but changing this to a setting well below my lowest contour had no effect. Got a complete mesh only with settings of 20,20,10, no smoothing and progressively less with higher settings. Perplexing to me especially since it was working before I did some like-kind contour replacement.