Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#49348 by dtsutton
Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:11 pm
Is there an easy way to have my dimensions display metric and imperial ?

I have a completed & dimensioned drawing that I need to submit with both formats it is currently in imperial - I did this before where I saved the drawing as something else then set it to metric, quickly re-dimensioned it with "assoc" off then pasted the metric dimension text beside the imperial dimensions in my imperial drawing but argh, this is a pain in the butt !!

Thanks !
#49349 by Roger D
Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:41 pm
you can in v12, X3 where you can change the dimension scale type.
I'd take your dimensions, copy to another layer, then
Change/Dimensions/LockScale to the other type.
You will then have to move all the dimensions though, either to the right or below the line.
If you do it below the line, you could make the dimension line color non-printing, turn off the tick marks, and Line1, Line 2. Then you could move a whole line down on the one layer.
#49350 by dtsutton
Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 pm
Thanks !
#79793 by joeferguson
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:10 am
Well, it's eleven years later and I am wondering if DC has come up with a way to display both metric and imperial dimensions at one stroke.

All that cutting, pasting, exploding etc. has too many possibilities for error in my drawings.

Many more building departments are requesting dimensioning in both metric and imperial. (Yes, I'm in Canada)

Also, isn't it about time DC offered accuracy rounded to sixteenths or even eighths of an inch? The builders I know have trouble reading even sixteenth grads on their tapes, much less thirty-seconds.

joe
#79800 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:00 pm
joeferguson wrote:Also, isn't it about time DC offered accuracy rounded to sixteenths or even eighths of an inch? The builders I know have trouble reading even sixteenth grads on their tapes, much less thirty-seconds.

Utility --> Dimensions --> Linear --> Dim Style --> Rounding --> Precision --> 0.0.1/8 --> [Enter]
Toggle on Round It if it is Off.
#80504 by Ted B.
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:42 pm
I think some Federal and State government contracts also require dual Customary and Metric dimensions. Perhaps a wishlist ltem in Settings?

May The Old Gods spare us from having to work in Radians.