Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3657 by Wolfgang2005
Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:00 pm
I GOT A TOPO PLAN IN AUTOCAD BUT WHEN I IMPORT IT TO DATACAD v10 EVERYTHING IS FINE EXCEPT FOR THE ELEVATION POINTS TEXT IS GONE HOW DO I GET THE ENGINEER TO TRANSFER IT TO ME WITH OUT THOSE DISAPPEARING AND IF HE EXPLODES THEM THEY DISAPPEAR TO BECAUSE HE USED TEXT ATTRIBUTES IN AUTOCAD
#3662 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:30 pm
You should be able to explode them in Datacad (even if you cant see them before the explode), just make sure that the convert attibutes option is turned on in the explode menu. If they are using a add on program there might be some issues then.
#3665 by Wolfgang2005
Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:05 am
the only explode i can find is either in template or 3d and they don't have a option to toggle anything on or off.
#3669 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:54 pm
I'm sorry I missed that you were using ver. 10. The toggle for the convert attributes is only in ver. 11, as attributes is a feature of ver. 11. Also what verion is the Autocad file? I don't remember what the latest version of Autocad, Datacad 10 is compatable with. Does anyone else remember of the top of their head?
#3696 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:33 pm
Hello Josh,

DataCAD 10 can import AutoCAD until release 2000.
BTW, I'm not so sure about the attributes.

I'd suggest to Wolfgang, when importing the AutoCAD file would set "Move To Origin" to get it nearer the absolute zero and see the result.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Miguel