Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#51000 by Ross Maxwell
Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm
How are people creating their interior elevations these days from their 3d model. I'm just getting into 3d after 25 years with DataCAD working in 2d. I've seen the section menu item in the 3d menu, however I am not able to get the 'hidden lines' removed in the room beyond. Is there a way to do this? Also it seems that we only can update the interior elevations MANUALLY in the native drawing file; nothing automatically yet as I see it. It seems you need to XREF the interior elevation to another drawing file other than the model file after putting it to the side of you model somewhere so you can have a printable sheet or ..... just format these placed interior elevation into a separte place in your base MODEL file to create a printable sheet via a Go To View. Any other suggestions or comments here?

Also what's with the drawing file size? Even after purging things it is over 6 megs for a simple test file with rendered things 24' x 32 feet; bathroom, storage, stairs, living. Are we going to need to upgrade to quad core, 8 meg ram and 64 bit machines soon? :?:

Just wanted some suggestions and ideas and someone to chat with.

Thanks,

Ross Maxwell - Architect
Costa Mesa, CA.
Last edited by Ross Maxwell on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#51001 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 pm
Ross Maxwell wrote:Even after purging things it is over 6 megs for a simple test file
Yeah that doesn't sound right unless you have some really high poly count entities in your drawing or something.
#60482 by Richard Mauser
Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Hello Ross,

Did you ever get this figured out?
I am trying to make interior elevations from a simple 3D model, using clip cube to isolate each wall area in 'go to views'. But when I use the 'hide' button, the clip cube is ignored, and the exterior of the model is the result. Am I supposed to copy and dismember the model to do this or does everyone just draw over the model to make the elevation, or copy, rotate, explode and convert to dumb-dumb lines?
--
Richard
#60486 by Richard Mauser
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 am
Thanks Mr Goodman!

The FØ toggled on is the critical button. The 'Pierce' and 'CropImg' didn't seem to make a difference, but it certainly didn't hurt.
Your advice will save me a lot of time.
I think setting 'Options / DrawHidn' (S8/F4) to 'on' will allow cut objects to be shown rather than dropping them out.
Every time someone wises me up on one of these items, I get real jazzed about DataCAD.
Thank you again!
--
Richard