Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3942 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:55 am
Greetings Dick,

You'll need to figure out which ones that you want (they have a list of the model numbers), and then you should start a new drawing and import one DWG. (Or you can associate DWG files with DataCAD 11 and just "open" them.)

If you have gotten the correct scale for the import, and the sink/toilet/tub is the correct size (or you can just Enlarge it in DataCAD), then you'll probably want to chage the color to something that fits with your color pallette/pen table.

Then, use the Symbol Browser to save it as a new DSF (DataCAD symbol file) -- getting the correct insertion point is the trick. Name it, and fill the other fields.

Repeat as required. The Kohler drawings are very detailed and useful. They all come in at the same place, BTW, so if you want to do more than one, you have to do one, then move it, then import the next...

I hope this helps!
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
#3943 by Dick Brumagin
Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:10 am
Neil

Thanks a lot

Keep trying to import all at one time, guess what, it can't be done.

I appreciate the quick reply

Dick
#4004 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:25 pm
What I ended up doing is setting all of the drawing inport settings in the program prefs, and set it to automaticly import instead of the interactive method. Then just use File, Open, set the Files of Type to DWG, and select a handful of the dwg file to import. Let them all import and then do a File, Close all, and select Yes to all to save them. Don't do too many dwg files at one time of the display buffer gets full and it wont create preview bitmaps for the files. I'd usually do about 20-30 at a time. Then, like Neil said, as I need them I add them to our symbol library. I do add some over the weekends as I have time, but I'm still working on the Simpson Catalog Toolbar :roll: As they are done I'll add them to my website.
#4081 by WizArtist
Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:25 pm
I too have used the Kohler files as a base for the three basic types of toilets. and then created accessible versions as well. One suggestion I would make is to bring the Kohler files in on one layer and then draw over them in another layer using the colors/lineweights I want. I eliminate as much of the curves as possible because we display our curve centers and it can get annoying having all those centers on the toilets show up on plans and elevations. Since these are used as graphics only, substituting a few line segments in place of the curves does not hurt anything (unless you might be worried by file size).