Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4028 by archpoet
Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:34 pm
I have text scale on and plot scale is 1:1250 txt varies between 1.75mm and 3mm. When I change plot scale to 1:500 and enter new text it enters it correctly but the old scale is still the same size so that when I plot the old text (1:1250) plots at that scale and becomes very large at 1:500. Is this a bug or have I missed a setting. (using 10 inc the upgrade)
Thanks
It's been a long time since I talked to any of you
Regards
Hubert van Hoof
#4032 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:39 pm
Hello Hubert & welcome,

Text Scale only affects the size of text (and the settings of dimensions) before you enter them. It does not change anything after it has been entered. (At first, I thought this is how it worked, too!)

If you need all the text that you already have in the drawing to be a different size, then I recommend using the Enlarge function: set it for the factor of change that you want, and choose a new center (F10) for each group. Often the top or bottom of the side that it is justified to. Until we get a "paragraph" text entity (like MText), then this is the best way to go...
#4034 by archpoet
Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:20 pm
Neil
Thank you for that it is much appreciated.
Regards
Hubert