Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4137 by Vmorris1
Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm
Hello,

Does anyone know if its possible to and if so how would one program a three button Logitech mouse to pan a drawing perhaps by holding both left and right buttons down together? I am aware of the current way to make this happen by holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys while holding down the left button on the mouse.
:P
#4141 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 pm
Hello & welcome,

I'm afraid that with a three button mouse, you are stuck with what you already have. Get a 4-5 button mouse that allows you to program the driver so that one of the extra buttons is a Control-Alt-First button combo...
#4175 by Dick Eades
Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 am
I have a Logitech MX1000 with plenty of buttons and CTRL and ALT are not among the options available for assignment to any of the buttons. How do you do this?
#4177 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:46 am
Hello Dick:

In the SetPoint control panel, use the "Keystroke" option for the button you want to use. I changed the middle thumb button to "Control+Alt" so if I hit it and also the 1st button, I get the dynamic drag function in DataCAD 11! :twisted:
#4179 by Dick Eades
Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:14 am
Got it, Neil. I missed that Keystroke Assignment and went for Other. I'll have to get used to losing my App Switch function but the enhanced function in DataCAD may well be worth it. Thanks.