Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#4296 by yoga
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:45 pm
I'm using v.11.

Is there a way to create a multiple page pdf file with one page per GoToView? I have a single file for a project in which I've setup a GTV for each sheet, for a total of 6 sheets. Is there a way to create a pdf file that has multiple sheets instead of multiple layers?

My problem is, I'm exporting to a pdf for a non CAD savvy viewer who will not want to take time to figure out which layers go with which sheet. So my current options are to export a separate pdf for each view, (and thus having 6 pdf files for a single project), or wrestle with explaining the layers for each sheet.

Hope this makes sense. Any help greatly appreciated.
#4302 by Nick Pyner
Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:00 pm
You cannot do this out of DataCad. All you can do is PDF what you plot.
There is a freebie about called PDFMeld that compiles the pages into one PDF file. This has the advantage of presenting the client with one file that can have pages drawn from various sources, DCad, pictures, wordprocesser etc.
#4319 by yoga
Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:18 pm
I found a much easier and free pdf manipulation tool than any referenced in the above article, in case anyone else needs one. It's here:

http://www.pdfill.com/

cheers, all -
#4346 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:33 pm
This would be a nice feature for ver 12, hint! hint!