Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#57759 by bchrd
Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:36 pm
I would like some help to tell me how I set things up so that when a compose several drawings, multi layout, on a sheet, that no matter what scale each one is shown at, all the text and dimensions will print the same size. Right now I have a plan that looks good with its text and then a detail in the corner where the text looks HUGE. That is a main reason I bought DataCadX3 but don't know how to make that happen.

Thank you.
#57764 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm
You need to toggle on Text Scale. And then you need to set the text size to be what you want it to be *on the paper* i.e. 1/8" or 3/32" or 1/4", etc. (Do the same for all the dimension settings, too.) Then you need to set the Plot Scale to be what you intend to plot that GTV at, and then Update the GTV. (Oh, you should check in the Program Preferences/Misc tab and toggle on the option to have the Plot Scale saved as part of the GTV.)

Then enter in text (or dims). Change to another GTV and set the Plot Scale and Update the GTV. Then each time you open a GTV, just enter text and dims -- you will not ever have to change the size and you will always get the correct size.

By the way, there is another related Program Preferences/Misc setting: if you toggle *off* the Page Up/Down setting from changing Plot Scale in the Text menu, then you see a Plot Scale button right below Arrows, and the Page Up/Down will zoom the screen like it does everywhere else in DataCAD.

I hope this helps!